Thursday 2 May 2013

Looking back at 2013 so far...Bali


It’s been a long time between blog posts lately...well the last 4 months but that’s because there has been so much happening behind the scenes in the Rico Designs world. This year began with a month long trip to bali with my boyfriend to surf, of course shop and unwind (which I was in great need of after the intense market rush in the lead up to christmas ). It’s such a great thing to be able to travel overseas because it exposes you to endless inspiration...so of course thoughts of a new collection started coming into play...

My boyfriend and I moved around a little, one of the places we stayed was a beautiful place in Keramas named the Komune it hasn’t even been open for one year yet and already it’s building great hype with talk of the next pro surfing tour to be held there this July. Which may I add would be amazing. This place features a huge pool right on the sand in front of the peeling right hand reef break. I loved every minute of it...

We timed it perfectly with some huge swells, only thing is 7 foot + sets breaking on shallow reef are a little out of my league haha but was great to watch while lazing around the pool getting a tan... as soon as the surf dropped to about 3ish foot I was out there, and Loved it..Unless getting caught inside, dragged along the reef and getting sea urchins stuck in my body. (how does something so small hurt so much??....but that’s another story).

You can check out the Komune website here

It goes without saying the next time you are in Bali its a no brainer stay at the Komune.

My boyfriend and I spent the last few days amongst the rice paddies of Canggu. I absolutely love it here and it’s great to get away from the hustle and bustle of Legian/Samyinyak area. If staying here I would def recommend hiring a bike...its great cruising around the back streets from villa to restaurant to surf. So many great places to eat which are easy to find just ride around and pull over once you see something you like. You can’t go past betelnut cafe which combines healthy food with traditional Balinese flavours check out there facebook page here

Ahhhhh!!! Writing this makes me want to go back to Bali now....better start saving J

I’ve included some pics of my trip for you below













 

No comments:

Post a Comment